Blogs > Lighten Up With Margaret

Margaret Pizzi of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

walking

Well I'm still a bit under the weather and didn't make it to water fitness last night but did take a little over a 2 mile walk outside yesterday.  It was pretty nippy but it took such an effort I needed the cool air.  Today the cold air is making me cough more so I will do some walking inside.

I wanted to make sure I share a couple of really good web sites.

www.MapMyWalk.com (for walking) and www.MapMyRide.com (for biking)

I've used MapMyWalk a lot and MapMyRide just a few times! You can map custom routes from anywhere including your house and save them.  Its better than regular mapping because you don't pick addresses but you set points along the way on the map to change directions on your walk, account for bends in the road, back tracking on a route etc.

I've saved routes for walking different routes in my neighborhood and for work lunch breaks based on how much time or energy I have and what my distance goal is.  You can log the workouts too.

They do have other "MapMy" fitness sites but these are the only 2 I have used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home