Blogs > Lighten Up With Margaret

Margaret Pizzi of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Stress eating

I don't know if anyone else has an issue with stress or emotional eating but it is REALLY a problem for me.

In the early hours the house my son was living in was destroyed by fire.  By some major miracle everyone escaped but the kids are traumatized AGAIN, helping carry the little ones in the household to safety through smoke and flames. Last year their mother died. They have nothing now.  

I have been binging all day and I'm hoping owning up to it will help.   There's going to be a lot of really rough days going forward and I don't want the scale to climb with my anxiety.  Stress is a way of life, we all have it and we need to learn healthy ways to deal with it. I'm still trying to figure it out.  Then again, maybe all the housework and organizing I have to do through the week to make room in my home for an additional family will burn off a bunch of calories!  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home