Blogs > Lighten Up With Margaret

Margaret Pizzi of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

slow going

Making 2 steps forward and one step back on this healthy lifestyle trek this month. I've been going along great, getting in at the least 3-5 miles per day usually but have kinda crashed the last day or two.

Saturday I burnt a ton on calories on FIVE hours of yard work. Sunday I hiked for about 1 & 1/2 hours at Girdled Rd Reservation with some of the Lighten Up group then later followed up with a walk with the kids to get in 8.8 miles! 

Monday I worked around the house, ran errands etc and I even worked out at the Y after a really tough 45 minute water fitness class. 

Tuesday I spent the day walking cemeteries doing my genealogy research. You really get a workout walking on the uneven ground in some of these old cemeteries and then un-burying headstones!  Even though I was exhausted afterwards my grandson Devin and I went to dinner at Cabanas after his karate (he got his black belt certificate!). Dev loves the children's chicken finger dinner. I got the chicken with pasta this time...yummy and just enough so that I was satisfied but not too full to GO WORK OUT! I did 40 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph.

After that I crashed. Bought a pint of Java Chip Frappuccino ice cream and ate 1/3 of the pint!  My mini vacation was over yesterday and I had to return to work but got breakfast on the way in. I managed a very light lunch to make up for it but finished the ice cream last night and some veggie chips as dinner. NOT so healthy and I just couldn't get motivated to work out at all. 

Today I ate 2 breakfast burritos for breakfast and a tuna melt and Terra veggie chips for lunch. NOT good. That's 1340 calories already!!!  Good thing I had a late lunch!  I plan to eat a very light dinner and make myself work out extra hard at the Y.  That's the plan and I'm stickin' to it!!!  Tomorrow I WILL get back on track.

The key for me is to get back on track as soon as possible otherwise I tend to wander into all the "bad" food territories and get lost for a while.   If I don't check in to say I found my way back within the next couple days call in a search party. I will probably be found in the dessert section!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home