Blogs > Lighten Up With Margaret

Margaret Pizzi of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stress eating..yeah I know...AGAIN

So happy that I get a little bit of extra time before I have to hop on that scale because this stress eating is really NOT helping.  I'm afraid to get on the scale but i think I've managed to get it under control enough to at least not be gaining!  

My stress hasn't improved since last week.  My son & grandchildren haven't been able to get much help from last Monday's house fire for various reasons through no fault of his own but I've been working my butt off making calls (don't I wish) and at least now they have a few clothes!  Hopefully my son can get out of the hospital by this weekend because after all the kids have been through not having their dad around makes it really harder for them and ME to cope.

I think my eating problems would improve if I could teach myself to concentrate on the positive, they all survived the fire, and come up with an alternate strategy when dealing with a lot of stress.  

I'm thinking maybe exercise would be an alternative but it's so hard to do when stress makes me so exhausted and when family needs me.  I need to learn to give my needs priority.  What good will I be to anyone if I'm fat & unhealthy and give myself a heart attack or a stroke from not dealing properly with stress?

I think it would be better for me to go working out at the gym or walking and letting things go for a short period of time rather than inhaling a bag of Cheetos while dealing with all the drama!

Well, anyway sorry for the venting but I'm sure I'm not the only person that deals with life issues by grabbing those baaaadddd foods!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home