Blogs > Lighten Up With Margaret

Margaret Pizzi of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

struggling

Well it's been a bad week. My neck and back flared up badly (I have degenerative disc disease) and I've barely been moving and I've gotten depressed and so eating "bad" stuff.  Again this morning I was in so much pain that I was going to skip another water fitness class.  Instead I forced myself to go.  My effort was far from 100% and I really struggled at times but I'm glad I went. The Y has a whirlpool with some great jets that helped some with the spasms. 

I managed to do a little bit of yard work despite my discomfort too. It was only about 20 minutes but it was better than sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself.  I did a few  hikes in the neighborhood with the kids too. Again it wasn't much but I managed to get in short bursts of activity throughout the day.  I was very surprised just now to find that my efforts amounted to 5.6 miles!

SO....I ended up having a very productive day!  I'm pretty miserable now and I'm definitely going to have to crank up my heated mattress pad (wonderful to have a toasty bed when you're hurting!) but I'm feeling much better about myself.  I think I've learned a good lesson, some activity is better than none and it makes me feel better about myself.

Also one of my grandson's had his opening day at baseball and hit a bases loaded triple! Go Dev! That makes me feel good too!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home